The U.P. School of Urban and Regional Planning (SURP), in cooperation with the U.P. Alumni Association-SURP (UPAA-SURP) Chapter, is proud to announce the Search for Outstanding U.P. SURP Alumni, in commemoration of the School’s 50th (Golden) Anniversary in 2015.
1. Award Categories
Golden Alumnus/Alumna Award: one awardee
Alumnus/Alumna of the Decade: five (5) awardees, one for each of the following decades:
- SURP graduate (masteral, doctoral, and diploma degrees, including the SPRING-Asia Program, MSc.)
- Not current member of SURP Faculty and Administration, or UPAA-SURP Chapter Board of Trustees
- No issue about, or challenge to, personal and professional integrity
- For the Golden Alumnus/Alumna Award, must be a previous outstanding or distinguished alumnus awardee.
- An alumnus/alumna cannot receive two (2) awards.
- Service to community (local and national) development
- Leadership ability and experience
- Inspirational impact
- Any alumnus/alumna (including SURP Faculty and Administration, or UPAA-SURP Chapter Board) may nominate an awardee.
- Each alumnus/alumna may nominate only one individual for each of the two award categories.
- For the Golden Alumnus/Alumna Award, the nominee must be an alumnus/alumna who previously received an award from SURP as outstanding or distinguished alumnus/alumna. The list of such awardees is shown on the SURP website (surp.ph), and available at the Office of the Dean.
- For the Alumnus/Alumna of the Decade Award, the nominee and nominator must have graduated from the same decade listed in #1 above. Ex. a nominator who graduated in 1992 may nominate an awardee only for the Alumnus/Alumna of the Decade Award for 1985-1994.The list of SURP graduates by year is shown on the SURP website, and available at the Office of the Dean.
- An alumnus/alumna cannot receive two awards.
- Nominations will be kept confidential.
The Nomination Form is available on-line (http://surp.ph) and at:
The Office of the Dean
School of Urban and Regional Planning
University of the Philippines
E. Jacinto Street, Diliman, Quezon City 1101
Email address: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (63 2) 920-6853 / 981-8500 local 4081
Fax: (63 2) 929-1637
Nominations may be sent by mail, fax, email, or delivered in person or through courier, and received by the Dean’s Office not later than 7 September 2015, or postmarked not later than said date. Nominations will be reviewed by an independent committee of professionals.
6. Announcement of Winners
The awardees will be announced not later than 7 October 2015. Awards will be given out during the 50th Anniversary Celebration and General Homecoming on 22 October 2015. Awardees will be required to attend; failure to attend the awarding ceremony may result in forfeiture of the award. Each awardee will receive a certificate, trophy and gift.
For questions and details, please contact:
Ms. Ivy Hilario, (Alumni Awards contact person)
phone number: (63 2) 920-6853; 981-8500 local 4081
fax number: (63 2) 929-1637
email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
facebook: UP School of Urban and Regional Planning
Search SURP Outstanding Alumni_nomination form